Care & Use of Terra-Cotta Clay Cookware
Before First Use - Soak in cold water for a minimum of 6 hours to seal the clay’s natural pores.
- Never place an empty pan on the stove or BBQ, or add cold liquids to a hot pan; it will crack. Add the ingredients first, then gradually heat the pan.
- Cazuelas are stove top safe and BBQ safe for low to medium heat with liquid inside; never pre-heat an empty pan or place onto a pre-heated cooking surface.
- Cazuelas are freezer safe, microwave safe, and oven safe to 400 degrees F.
- Hand-washing is recommended, then store in a well ventilated area to allow the moisture to evaporate.
- Quick, extreme temperature changes will cause the pan to crack (i.e. from room temperature directly to a hot surface, or from a hot surface onto a cold counter top.)